Saturday, December 4, 2010

Vegetarian Options at California Pizza Kitchen

California Pizza Kitchen is one of my favorite pizza places. They are very veggie friendly and I love them for it! These are some of my favorite dishes from them. Also, this is a link to their locations http://cpk.com/locations/
This is also a cool link that shows all their veggie options http://cpk.com/menu/pdfs/vegetarian.pdf

Tuscan White Bean Minestrone- This is new and I haven't had it yet, but it sounds delicious! It has cannellini beans, tomatoes, zucchini, spinach, onion, celery, and parmesan cheese. It has croutons on top too. I will let you know when I try it.

These are all things I have personally had. They have many other items as well!

Roasted Artichoke and Spinach Pizza- If you like spinach and artichoke dip you will love this! It's basically the dip put on top of pizza crust. It has artichoke hearts, spinach, garlic, fontina, mozarella, and parmesan on top with a spinach artichoke sauce. It's soooooo delicious!


White Corn Guacamole and Chips-This is the best non traditional guacamole I have ever had. It's actually probably the most flavorful out of any guacamole I've had. It has avocado, white corn, black beans, jicama, green onions, red bell pepper, cilantro, and serrano peppers. It's served with blue and white corn tortilla chips. The guacamole isn't all blended together into one mushy goo, it has individual pieces of corn and bean and pepper in it. I'm not a fan of red bell pepper, so that's the only part I do not enjoy, but otherwise it is delicious.

Spinach Artichoke Dip- From my Olive Garden post, you will know how much I love this kind of dip, and CPK's is no exception! It's an absolutely delicious blend of cheese, artichoke, and spinach. It's served with tortilla chips, but I would prefer it served with bread. Spinach artichoke dip seems to heavy to be served with tortilla chips, and bread absorbs it better in my opinion.

Pear and Gorgonzola Pizza- This is amazing! I always never wanted to try it because it sounded so strange, but when I got up the nerve to, I was pleasantly surprised! Whoever created this is a genius because all the flavors blend together fantastically! It has caramelized pears, gorgonzola, fontina, mozarella, caramelized onions, and topped hazelnuts. It's topped with field greens with gorgonzola ranch dressing. So it's like a pizza and salad in one! One thing to be aware of is CPK's ranch dressings have fish in them, so if you don't want that, just ask for it without the dressing. It's still delicious!

Vegetarian with Japanese Eggplant- Another delicious option! It has mozarella, broccoli, eggplant, corn, red onion, mushrooms, and sun dried tomatoes with tomato sauce. I'm not a broccoli fan, but the rest is delicious! It has a nice fresh flavor and lots of good veggies, making it a healthy choice.

White Pizza- Some people aren't a fan or tomatoes or tomato sauce and this is an excellent option for them. It has mozarella, fontina, ricotta, parmesan, and pecorino romano with spinach and garlic. It's like a very fancy cheese crisp, and it is delicious! The blend of cheeses work very well together and the spinach helps you overcome cheese overload.

Wild Mushroom- If you like mushrooms you will looooove this pizza! I do, and it has so many different mushroom flavors that blend perfectly. It has cremini, shiitake, portobello, and white mushrooms with fontina and mozarella cheese. The sauce is a wild mushroom pesto. The mushrooms are moist and tender and taste fabulous with the pesto. This is also a good one to take home because it reheats very well.

Tostada- If you're friends dragged you to CPK and you really wanted Mexican food, you're in luck! The tostada pizza is a perfect blend of mexican and pizza. It has black beans, cheddar, monterey jack, on it and it is topped with shredded lettuce, tortilla strips, and herb ranch dressing. Again, their ranches contain fish, so be  aware. Also, if you want to take this home I recommend eating all the salad first because it does not do well overnight in the fridge. This is kind of like a flattened taco salad and it is delicious!

Five Cheese and Fresh Tomato- This is a really good choice for a simple, yet yummy pizza. It has sliced tomatoes, basil, fresh mozarella, monterey jack, gouda, mozarella, and pecorino romano. There is no tomato sauce for those of you that don't like it. I like the added touch of the fresh mozarella because it livens up the texture of the other grated cheeses.

Those are just my favorites, but I'm sure there are many, many more delicious options!

No comments:

Post a Comment