Friday, December 3, 2010

My other true love

Of course my first true love is my boyfriend. But, there is a close second. Ok, not that close, but it still makes me very happy. Ross. Yes, the store. I have been in love with Ross for a very long time and I don't see any reason why we would break up. Their deals are amazing and you can just about find anything you want in that store. Here is a link to find out if a store is near you in case there is one hiding that you didn't know about http://locator5000.info/search.aspx
 It surprises me sometimes when I hear people say that they don't want to shop there because they would seem to "poor". A. Who cares if people think you're poor? You either are or you aren't. If you are, then ok. If you aren't, then you know that and that should be all that matters. You're being smart by saving money and that's all that should matter. 
Ross is where things go when they are discontinued, their packaging changes, or someone just ordered too much of something and can't sell it all. Nothing is used and there are lots of familiar brand names there. 
I am going to take you on a guided tour through Ross to highlight some of my favorite stuff and make sure anyone who doesn't go to Ross knows that they're missing out.


I'm 22 and I shop in the junior's department because I prefer their styles and I fit into their clothes better because I'm pretty tiny. Ross has an awesome junior's section. They have jeans, t-shirts, jackets, skirts, shorts, pants, pretty much anything you can think of. They are amazing deals and their styles are really cute. I would say 88% of my clothes come from that department. 
I don't shop in either of these departments, but they also have women's and misses. 
Their shoe section is awesome. They have all kinds of shoes, from boots to athletic to sandals to heels. I've gotten some super cute knee high boots and also some great ballet flats and sandals from there. Again, they are all very reasonably priced. 
Moving along, there is the men's section. Obviously, not one that I shop in, but my mom has gotten some very nice dress shirts and pants from that section for my dad. You would never know she didn't get them from a department store. 
Then there is the athletic wear section. This has a lot of Nike and Adidas brand things. They have sports bras, pants, shorts, t-shirts, tank tops, anything sports related. I've gotten some excellent sports bras from this department.
I don't have a child, but there is a lot of clothes for toddlers and children of all ages. It's an excellent place to shop if you're looking for great deals for kid's clothes. I've bought baby clothes for someone else there and they are absolutely adorable. 
At the end of our clothes tour, there is lingerie and sleepwear. They have a very large selection of bras and panties and even a few lingerie type pieces. They also have robes, pajama sets, and pajama seperates, as well as nightgowns. I've scored awesome bra deals there on ones that would have cost me a whole lot more if I had gone somewhere else.
Next, we will move on to the home section. Here you can find dish sets, individual glassware, utensils, and a whole lot more. There is pretty much any kind of kitchen utensil you could think of and a lot of other kitchen related things. They also have some food items like cookies, crackers, and bottled condiments. Nothing refrigerated. They also have rugs and paintings and other kinds of home decorations.
Then there is the section with the pillows, sheets, and bedding. There are really nice comforter sets and very cheap pillows.
Moving on to the accessories section. I have gotten a lot of very nice purses from here. They have large purses, totes, clutches, medium sized bags, just about everything. They also have luggage and backpacks. They have very cheap sunglasses and scarves and belts. They also have wallets. They have hair accessories also.
They have a case with high end jewelry in it as well that you can look at it if you want to spend a little more.
There is the beauty section that has makeup, haircare, and general beauty accessories. I've gotten some very nice makeup products from there. In the haircare section, they have high end brands like CHI and TIGI. They also have hair brushes.
In the hair appliances, they have flat irons, curlers, curling irons, and blow dryers for great prices. They also have some other miscellaneous items like mirrors and manicure essentials.
There is a section with movies and music that is really nice. They have great exercise dvds for really good prices.
Again, I don't have kids, but they have a very nice toy section.
This concludes our tour. I'm sure I left out something, but that just shows how much great stuff they have! If you've never been in there, please check it out. If you have been in there, what are some of your favorite deals you have gotten?

No comments:

Post a Comment