Friday, December 3, 2010

Top 8 mascaras under eight dollars

I'm all about saving money, and these mascaras are cheap and have worked nicely for me. I have the tiniest shortest straitest eyelashes that are extremely hard to work with, so if you have nicer eyelashes than me you'll probably have even better results with these.
FYI these are based on Target prices. If you buy them somewhere else they may be more than eight dollars.

1. Maybelline Volum Express Colossal- I am using this right now and I am a pretty big fan. It doesn't flake on me and actually adds volume to my tiny little lashes. It also comes in waterproof, but I haven't tried that. The brush is a nice size, not too big and not too small. If you already have pretty long lashes, this could add an excellent volume boost.

2. L'oreal Voluminous Mascara- This one is a favorite of many people and I can see why. It adds a nice little boost to the lashes without being too dramatic. It never flaked on me and I have used both the waterproof and non waterproof. The wand is easy to work with and doesn't get too clumpy.

3. L'oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes- You have to be pretty skilled at using mascara to make this work, but if you are, this is an excellent option. It is double sided with the one side being the white mascara you put on first and the other side being the black. My absolute favorite part of this mascara is that it doesn't flake or smudge, but all you need is water to take it off. It comes off in these cool little tubes so you don't look like you have raccoon eyes. If you aren't careful covering up the white mascara with the black, you can look a little funky. Make sure none of the white is showing at all.

4. Maybelline Lash Stiletto- I really like the brush on this one. It's curved and is very easy to maneuver. It also doesn't flake and actually does add some length to my short lashes. I use the waterproof variety.

5. Maybelline Define-A-Lash- I love the brush on this one because it is so tiny and easy to get all the little lashes normal brushes miss. It doesn't do much for volume or length, but if you like the separated lash look, this one is good for that.

6. Maybelline Full  N Soft- This mascara is awesome because it doesn't leave your lashes feeling weird. They don't get stiff or crunchy at all. It keeps them soft just like it says. I found it a tiny bit flaky sometimes, but nothing too horrible. The brush is very large, but not too big to be annoying. It adds a nice natural look to lashes. It would be great if you already had a lot of lashes to begin with.

7. Maybelline Lash Discovery- Another really good option if you like little brushes that can get every lash. It doesn't clump or flake and really helps you get lash definition.

8. Covergirl Volume Exact- This is a really good everyday mascara. It gives a natural look to the lashes and the wand is very easy to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment