Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My favorite vegetarian places

This isn't so much about saving money, but I though it would be helpful to list some of my favorite options for veggies at various restaurants. I know how hard it can be to find food sometimes. Also, if you've just started being a vegetarian, this can be really helpful because I know it can be overwhelming. These are just places I go to fairly often and enjoy.
Let's do fast food first because that's the hardest
Taco Bell- I love the 7 layer burrito, bean and cheese burrito, nachos, and I have a secret you may not know. You can pretty much substitute beans for any meat in any of their items. I LOVE the chalupas with beans instead of meat. It's amazingly delicious. Pretty much anything here can be customized to be veggie, so it's awesome.
Disclaimer- I cannot guarantee that all of these options are 100% vegetarian. Some could include animal by-products. Also, I am only telling you about the things I have personally had at these restaurants. There might be other veggie items but I have not had them.


Burger King- I give these guys a standing ovation for offering a veggie burger. They are the only fast food place I have been to that does. It's pretty good and comes with just the basic veggies and condiments, but you can customize it. Besides that there is the general snack side items that are vegetarian and side salad.


McDonalds- Not too much here. Snack side items and side salad.


Wendys- They have a baked potato with sour cream and chives on top. I don't recommend the butter that comes with it because it tasted strange to me, but it might have just been a bad batch. They also have side snack items and side salad.


Sonic- They have a grilled cheese kids meal that I like that's just grilled cheese, tater tots or french fries or onion rings, and a drink. It's pretty small so you might need more side items to fill you up. I've tried to customize the salads to come without chicken and some people will let you and some won't.


Chipotle- This is a very yummy mexican place that lets you build your own burritos, tacos, and salads so you can choose whether or not you want meat in them. Make sure to get pinto beans because the refried beans are not vegetarian.


Baja Fresh- This is a great mexican place with good burritos and nachos. They also have an amazing salsa bar.


Jack in the Box- They have more than Wendys or McDonalds, so I try to support them. They have a grilled cheese and they also serve breakfast all day and have yummy french toast sticks if you don't mind eating breakfast at other times of the day. I also love their seasoned french fries. They also have a side salad and a good fruit salad.


Subway- I love their veggie delight sandwich because there are so many options. You have a lot of bread, cheese, and veggie options and you can even get it toasted if you want.


These next ones are more casual dining places. My boyfriend and I call them "sit down" because you sit down and get served.


Red Robin- I love the fact that you can replace hamburger patties with veggie or boca patties for any of their burgers. They have a lot of different kinds and they're very good. They also have salads that can be customized and a really good quesadilla you can get without chicken.


Olive Garden- The soup and breadsticks are delicious. They have numerous pastas that are vegetarian. I love the fettucini alfredo and they have two others, but they are basically just tomato sauce and pasta, and I could easily make that at home. They also have a minestrone soup that is very good and an eggplant parmesan that is a lot of food for your money. Their mushroom ravioli is also delicious if you really like the taste of mushrooms.


Ajo Al's- If you happen to live in Arizona, this place is great. They have really good chips and salsa and very tasty fajitas. They also have a yummy cheese crisp that is huge so you could share it with someone else. They have a good taco salad and good enchiladas.


Chili's- I used to like their quesadilla salad until the quesadilla part kept mysteriously disappearing. Idk if it was because I would get it without meat, but each time it came there would be no quesadilla. But that might have just been a coincidence. They also have a veggie burger.


Paradise Bakery- I really want to support them because they try to offer healthy stuff, but they don't have much for veggies that will fill you up. They have a few pasta salads, but they lack protein and they have a sandwich, but it has these roasted peppers on it that freak me out. They have a gooey texture I'm just not too fond of. But, I am a very big fan of their cookies.


Cheesecake Factory- I love their quesadilla that is in the appetizer section. I also really like their spinach and artichoke dip as an appetizer. Their grilled portabella on a bun is good and so is their ziti. They have a grilled cheese, but you have to realllly like cheese to enjoy it because it is like slabs of cheese with a side of bread.


California Pizza Kitchen- I love that they point out that at least one of their soups are always vegetarian. Their pear and gorgonzola pizza is delicious, but it is an acquired taste. Their mushroom pizza is good if you really like the taste of mushrooms. They also have a southwestern style pizza that is super yummy if you aren't feeling the traditional style pizza.


I'm sure there are many more so make sure you check back to see if this list has been updated. Also, feel free to share your own. Again, I live in Arizona, so these are specific to my location. Also, if anything I listed is in fact not vegetarian, I would love for you to tell me so I can be aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment